GOALS OF THE CURRICULUM
- To inculcate a love of learning
- To respect the needs and rights of the child
- To empower the child to make their own choices and decisions
- To provide age-specific experimental learning to promote optimal growth and holistic development
- To provide an inspirational environment of creativity, curiosity, inquiry and exploration
- To support self-paced learning by recognizing visual, auditory, sensory and kinesthetic learning styles in each child
- To provide a portfolio for each student with a monthly assessment
THE LEARNING CURVE
- Thematic study help children understand concepts clearly and hence the whole curriculum is structured into ‘themes’.
- The themes are inter-related linking the curriculum with basic developmental objectives.
The ‘themes’ aims and supports the child’s smooth transition from the informed into the formal schooling portals.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIAL
Thematic picture books and creative activity books form a part of our teaching and learning material. The books are specially designed for the purpose of developing pre-reading, pre-writing, pre-numeracy, creative thinking and reasoning skills.
THE EMERGENT CURRICULUM
(ORDER AND CONDUCT)
ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION
A child friendly assessment system helps the teacher and parents to understand the child's academic achievement, but also a reflection of self development, which requires equal credit and encouragement. The continuous and comprehensive assessment helps to reflect and evaluate the all round potential of the child. A portfolio is maintained with a monthly assessment of the child.
- A colorful and lively ambience creates happy and joyful learning for your child. Spacious, well lit classrooms of international standards split into different domains to facilitate individual learning.
- Periodic displays of classroom activities and art work of the child motivates the child to participate and learn.
- E-learning facilities to provide an enhanced learning experience with visuals, sound and music, animated stories, games etc.
- The classrooms and restrooms are child appropriate and designed for the comfort and convenience of the child.
- Discovery room is another unique feature that is supported by various fun-based self-learning activities that kindles the curiosity of the child.
- a library with plenty of picture books
- a space for manipulative toys
- a science corner
- a building block corner
- a language corner
- a mathematics corner
- a space for group activities like circle time, music, dance and movement.
The ample open space in the premises provides opportunities for vigorous movement and free play. It is equipped with essential play materials and colourful slides, swings, a jungle gym and seesaws that enhance physical motor skills. A sand pit is provided in a secure enclosure to encourage the child to engage in physical motor activities and socio-dramatic play. There is plenty of space for age appropriate games, exercises, drama, yoga and dance and music.