The curriculum is flexible based on the interests and individual needs of the children. The curriculum is integrated using the thematic approach. In keeping with our philosophy at Bloomingdale, you will see no classroom but fun and active rooms. An exciting learning environment is created by implementing creative and innovative teaching concepts, utilizing quality teaching material and following the natural time table of each child. Your child will be guided and taken care by a trained facilitator.
Play is the most important activity in the lives of the children. Play is the work and the occupation of childhood. In our fun rooms, kids listen and discover, imagine and create, paint and paste, draw and colour, balance and climb, explore and experiment, talk and pretend, look and predict, dance and sing. They have fun in a world designed for them. They make new friends and enhance self concepts.
The curriculum is holistic by addressing the multiple intelligence of the children. Therefore emphasis is on domains development.
9.15 am – 12.00 noon
|09.20 – 09.25
2nd bell, prayer & roll call
|09.25 – 09.35
||Warm up exercises
|09.35 – 09.55
|09.55 – 10.10
||Indoor/ Outdoor play
|10.10 – 10.30
||Juice/ Milk time
|10.30 – 10.45
||Theme talk/ Concepts
|10.45 – 11.15
||Activity/ Science experiment
|11.15 – 11.30
|11.30 – 11.45
Circle time/ Story/ Formal and Informal talk
|11.45 – 12.00
Transport dispersal/ Good bye song & dispersal
ORDER & CONDUCT
- It is the duty of the parents to ensure that their wards come to play school neatly dressed.
- Children must wear the ID card everyday to school.
- Kids can wear casual cotton dress and sandals with Velcro.
- Please do not send your child in jeans or any full dress like salwar, choli, etc. It is allowed on celebration days only. Also do not make them wear shoes.
- Two sets of spare dresses should be given to be kept in the school.
- Children are expected to maintain short and trimmed hair style.
- Children are expected to trim their nails at least once a week.
- Girls should not wear long ear rings, bangles, anklets, adorn with flowers and makeup.
- Children should not wear any gold or silver ornament. The school is not responsible in any case of any loss.
- Parents are requested to go through and retain the circular/ assessment sheet/ take home activities that we send periodically.
- Please check your kid’s bag daily.
- The diary should be, singed and returned the following day.
- A colorful and lively environment is designed according to the needs of the children.
- The classrooms are spacious and each room is arranged into different areas of learning to facilitate individual learning.
- A language area, discovery area, creative activity area and math area with a library, blocks and manipulative materials are available. Child friendly and easy accessible racks.
- The classrooms are equipped for e-learning.
- The furniture and rest room are designed for the comfort and convenience of the children.
Two large discovery rooms are provided for the children to explore freely and play on their own initiate, they include:
- A library with plenty of picture books.
- A space of manipulative toys.
- A science corner
- A block corner
- A space for group activities like circle time, music, dance and movement.